24th May 2018
MZJC Limited (brand owner of ‘Bath Smart’) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means this website, www.bathsmartstore.com
||means MZJC Limited, brand owner of Bath Smart is a limited company registered in England under 09467622 in Companies House, whose registered address is 27 Old Gloucester Street LONDON WC1N 3AX.
- Information About Us
- Our Site, www.bathsmartstore.com is owned and operated by MZJC Limited, a limited company registered in England under 09467622 in Companies House, whose registered address is 27 Old Gloucester Street LONDON WC1N 3AX. Our VAT number is GB258947447.
- Our data protection officer is Marisa Zappatore who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- contact information such as email addresses;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and customer service to you. This includes:
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with e.g. newsletters, alerts, discounts, new launches, etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button within the email confirmation you receive when signed up or you can also email us at any point at email@example.com
- To register your product warranty and provide full protection to you about your purchase;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015. We will never communicate with you unless there is something newsworthy to share.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. For any of the customer data gathered as stated in point 4, We will keep it for as long as 6 years in accordance with HMRC requirements for businesses established in England and Wales.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- We store any personal data on online platforms such as Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox. All of them are password protected and access to them is granted strictly to perform such activities as those listed in point 5. No personal data is stored in physical hard drives. When hard copies are needed e.g. printed invoices for tax record purposes, they are destroyed securely as soon as they are no longer deemed necessary.
- All necessary online platforms such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Hosting companies, we use to operate our website and provide our products to you are password protected with a two-step login where necessary.
- Backups are made daily and all copies are stored automatically in the cloud using any one of the providers mentioned in point 6.4.1.
- Any laptops or hardware used to access any of the above applications, services, websites are password protected and connected only to private networks.
- We do not store any credit/debit card information as we direct purchases to be completed on the Amazon marketplaces.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
- All the above operators have taken steps to become GDPR compliant and we have signed data processor agreements where necessary.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We do not share your data expect in certain circumstances where We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- Every time that you share data with us, you will be clear how that information will be used for so you can make an informed decision about giving us consent. You will be asked to double opt-in when you subscribe to our lists to make sure your consent is clear to Us. You can unsubscribe at any point in time using the links provided in Our emails or in the confirmation email you receive when you first signed up.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 13, and We will delete Your data from Our systems.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). You can submit such request by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Contacting Us